John Cooke & Elizabeth Hamilton, of Enniskillen, County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland, had 12 children, 4 of whom came to America about 1760. They all subsequently served in the Revolution. William and Jacob served as Colonels on the side of the colonists. Brothers, Major Robert and Lieut-Col. Charles, who fought for the British, returned to the UK.
Sarah, William, Mary, and Eleanor, children of James Cooke, came to America in the mid-1790′s without their parents. Mary Cooke married John Beatty shortly after landing. William Cooke went to Kentucky. Eleanor Cooke lived with her uncle William at Northumberland, Pennsylvania until she met and married James FORSYTH.
John Cooke & Elizabeth Hamilton / Obituaries
- George Cooke
- James Cooke & Eleanor Falls
- Sarah Cooke
- William Cooke & Sarah Crow
- Mary Cooke & John Beatty
- Eleanor Cooke & James FORSYTH (under Descendants of Col. James LOUGHEAD & Catherine S. FINNEY)
- Col. Jacob Cooke & Rosetta Hall
- Col. William Cooke & Sarah Simpson / (biography of Sarah Simpson)
- Lieut-Col. Charles Cooke
- Maj. Robert Cooke
- Thomas Cooke
- Jane Cooke
- Betty Cooke
- Edward Cooke
- John Cooke, Jr.