The Harrises lived with or near the Dutch community of Saratoga Co., NY in the early 1800′s. We are still trying to connect them to their forebears.
About 1830, Joseph Harris and his wife, Margaret NESSLE, and their children settled into farming in the Sandusky area of Ohio. In 1835, their son John married Nancy FORSYTH, granddaughter of Andrew Forsyth. With the help of her father, James, they built a stone house on the property settled by him in 1810. This home has been continually occupied by their descendants to this day.
- Samuel Harris & Olive Weldon & Caroline Vincent
- John Harris & Nancy FORSYTH
- Rachel Harris & Isaac Underhill
- Alonzo Harris
- Margaret Harris & Peter Shane
- Darius Harris & Selinda Hunt